FAIR has already published in-depth analyses of the PSDPA (Canada's federal whistleblower law). The purpose of this project is to extend our analysis to the provinces and to the private sector.
- Provide legal self-help information online
- Enable whistleblowers to better understand their legal options
- Broad coverage of Canadian legal landscape (public + private sectors; federal + provincial)
- Concise, plain English for lay people.
- Primarily whistleblowers and potential whistleblowers
- Other interested parties, e.g. media, researchers
- Lawyers who practice in this field
- Legislators contemplating new legislation or amendments.
Structure of Report
- Executive summary
- Narrative topic summaries (by province / sector)
- Grids summarizing information (by province / sector)
Comprehensive lists of:
- authoritative sources used
- other useful resources
- Links to online sources/resources.
Target completion date: March 2013.
Vision And Plans: Employee Support