Seven entrepreneurs are behind no less than 140 construction companies, according to the work of the Anti-Collusion Unit (UAC). Tony Accurso alone owns more than sixty of these. A series of documents filed with the Charbonneau Commission unveiled today the extent of the connections of the businessman, who is accused of fraud.
On Monday the former director of the UAC, Jacques Duchesneau, filed several diagrams of businesses. These had been submitted under seal since investigations of the companies were in progress. A coalition of media firms successfully requested that these be made public, which took place this afternoon.
Last Thursday Jacques Duchesneau explained that these "organograms", which show the connections among certain groups of companies, made it possible to conclude that there was a "collusion sprawl".
"Someone in the industry tried to persuade us that this was horizontal integration" explained Duchesneau. "But when you look closely, you realize that it is to prevent fair competition by others. If you must always deal with the same company for your high pressure pipes, the supplier can play games with quotes and prevent you from getting a good price."
- Senior officer: Tony Accurso
- Other officers: Jimmy Accurso and Lisa Accurso
- Related companies: 63
- Examples: Louisbourg SBC, Simard-Beaudry construction, Louisbourg Simard-Beaudry construction, Gastier, Forage Marathon, Écolosol, Tops, Galeries Laval, Les Salons de paris de Laval
- Senior officers: Jocelyn Giguère and Joseph Giguère
- Related companies: 19
- Examples: Doncar, Transport Camille Dionne, Grands travaux Soter, Carrières B.G.R., Usine d'asphalte Montréal-Nord
- Senior officer: Paolo Catania*
- Related companies: 17
- Examples: Construction Frank Catania, Développements Candiac F. Catania et associés inc., Les terrains Franck Catania et associés.
Neilson - EBC - Fava Family
- Senior officers: Jean Fava and Dante Fava
- Related companies: 16
- Examples: Neilson, Les Placements Fava Ltée, EBC, Groupe Macadam
- Senior officer: Joe Borsellino
- Related companies: 14
- Examples : Garnier Construction, 9057-4245 Québec Inc., Soremat, B.S.G., Opron Construction, Construction CYVEX
- Senior officer: Fernand R. Bibeau
- Other officers: Marc Bibeau and Robert Bibeau
- Related companies: 12
- Examples : Suroma, Construction Argo, Saramac, Schockbéton
- Senior officer: Tony Catania junior and Paolo Catania*
- Related companies: 6
- Examples: Entreprises CATCAN, Mécanique Catro inc., Développement CATCAN, Noël Rochette & Fils, Gestion en construction D.C.M. inc.
* There are two Paolo Catanias in the construction industry.